"Mitt and Barack come to my party"... April Fools!

 
My dog Susie says

"Party like it's 1999."

My big Mommy, Sandy, informed me that since I'm a rescue dog and don't know exactly when I was born, she decided that April 1 would be a great day for it. So "April Fools" everyone! I like it. Anyway, now we have to get down to the details of my very first birthday party.

First we have to make a guest list. All the neighborhood dogs will be invited except that horny poodle up the street. And the cats...what to do? Mom says we should invite them so we don't discriminate against anybody. O.K. That's fine as long as they don't scratch-up my presents or hiss at my cake.

My friends from out of town will be invited, especially Uggie. I hope his head hasn't grown too big since he starred in the Oscar winning Best-Picture "Silent Movie." I'll text his agent right away. I hope the other dogs I'm inviting from back there that I met on the Santa Monica beach, can fly back here on Uggie's jet.

Sandy decided if the weather's nice we'll have the party outside in our fenced back yard. I guess it makes for a much easier clean-up after the party's over. Also the fence keeps the squirrels from stealing our treats. Speaking of a menu, I'm hoping she fixes a liver pate as the appetizer. The main course should be chopped up filet mignon with a mushroom sauce. Dessert could be a fresh fruit bowl with sugar-free whipped cream. Of course the fruit would be sliced into small pieces so nobody chokes. The cats with smaller throats might have to watch out however.

Next is the entertainment. I would like some doggie-disco music playing while the humans throw Frisbees and tennis balls for us to catch. Maybe my big mommy can also bury a big juicy steak bone somewhere in the yard. Sort of an Easter egg hunt for pooches. At the end of the evening all of us could tear apart a Pinata which resembles the postman. Just kidding. We're lovers not fighters.

Sandy said that we definitely won't be doing the following things: Have candles on the cake. No plastic spoons or forks anywhere. No toys from China. No open doors into the house allowing for possible doggie bad behavior.
Nobody marking each other's territory. Now I understand that last request, but Mom... really!

It sounds like my first birthday celebration should be a lot of fun for everyone. Mom said she's going to take bunches of pictures of the party, so I can look back years later and see just how cute I was.... when I celebrated my first birthday..

Catch you later,

Susie & Sandy,

P.S. If you believe for one second that dogs can't count, put three treats in your pocket, give out two and see what happens.

For more My dog Susie says go to http://sandy-steele.blogspot.com

Info on Sandy Steele can be found at: http://sandysteele.com